Tuesday, September 09, 2008

BP Trip

Just got back from a one day trip to Batu Pahat, my parents' hometown in Johor. Visited some relatives and a friend of my mother's there. Ate 3 meals of noodles. Good food k. Tapau-ed indian rojak, raddish cake or chai tau kueh, and my favourite fishball noodles!! Ooh... so gooood! Somehow you will just get hungry fast when you're in BP. The first meal I ate was Laksa, Johor style.

This is the best Wantan Mee in the world! It's not the ordinary noodle with black sauce. It's with chilli sauce! So good I tell you! I'm feeling a little bit hungry now...


And this... Looks simple huh, but don't underestimate its power. It's the best food in the world! (yes, I'm exaggerating) It's Batu Pahat's fishball/fishcake noodles.


These two authentic dishes cannot be found anywhere in KL or the Klang Valley. You can only find them in BP. I grew up in KL eating these. KL style... no fight. Yes, I'm exaggerating again.

If I have the chance, I'll introduce you to more BP food. Hang on to your seats!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home