Friday, September 05, 2008

What caught my attention

I'm typing this while reading a book by Elizabeth George. She talks about reading the Word and something caught my attention as I was reading one of the passages. It says, 'While you're searching for God's plan for you as His child, read from the book of Proverbs. Expose yourself to God's wisdom every day by reading the chapter of Proverbs that corresponds with the date of the month. (And don't worry it only takes about two minutes.) As I'm writing this sentence, it's November 24, which means I've revisited Proverbs 24 and its firm instruction about laziness (verses 30-34). (For some reason I always need that reminder).'

So true, isn't it? We always need reminders in our lives for the things that we do and didn't do. I think reading a chapter of Proverbs which corresponds with the date of the month is a really good start in reading the Bible. It really helps if you don't know where to start or what to read for today and besides it doesn't take up much time. In fact you might just benefit and be blessed from a simple chapter like Psalm 23.

So, why not read a chapter from Proverbs today? Proverbs 5:19 really caught my attention.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home