Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Blog,blog,blog

Hey people! I'm back after a long break, like a month. In case you didn't know, I couldn't go online and blog because my modem was down with "fever" and had to be treated for at least a month.
Lol, ok..I know I'm lame. Still the same ol' Stacey...:)

Anyways, since I couldn't go online at that time, I was uber bored. No internet for a month, arrgh...Yes, I was suffering definitely.
The times when some of you might have seen me on msn once or twice was because I was using my father's phone until his got disconnected too.
I'm like jinxed.
So, thankfully the modem came back yesterday, unfortunately at the wrong time.
Why at all times, the modem had to be ready yesterday when I'd just started my first day of work.Yes work..., you read it correctly.
Stacey's a big girl now and has started her first job in GSC, not as a ticket lady standing at the counter for 7 hours, but in the accounts dept. I only knew which department I'm in yesterday, on my first day.
This job was actually recommended by a friend last week since I couldn't tahan staying at home staring at 4 corners of the wall.
My first day at work was a definite busy one. My heart goes out to those working in any of the accounts department (you know who you are).
For a part time worker, I seriously think I'm underpaid - RM 4 per hour. The funny thing is that I don't seem to mind..except for the amount of workload.
And yesterday itself, I worked for 10 hours straight from 9 am to 8 pm and I barely took any breaks in-between.
The first half of the day was ok, but in the second half, my shoulders started to ache as I sat in front of the computer keying journals for 6 hours. As I was doing this and withstanding the aches, a song from "The Beatles" came into my mind. It sounded like this,

"It's been a hard day night. And I've been working like a dog..."

The reason why I had to stay back was because it's the beginning of the month and they had to clear the accounts for February. My usual hour is from 9 am to 5 pm.

As yesterday my eyes were filled with numbers (keying in the journals into the computer), today, all I saw were papers.
My job today was to sort out what they call as AP cheques, in their respective cheque numbers.
Thus, there was a whole stack of papers on my desk in which I took about 3-4 hours sorting them out. Uh-huh.
I managed to talk my superior out in letting me go off earlier at 6 pm although she was a little hesitant at first.

Overall, I think I can survive in this job and hopefully am able to hold on for 2 months.
It's not that bad actually.

Afterall, I'm there for the experience, not for the money...but of course I wanna be paid too.

P/S : Gloria has her own blog! Click on her name at the link below.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mic. Tham said...

U working??? *jaw dropped*

but yea it's boring indeed staring into the space every single day...

work hard ya =)

5:33 PM  
Blogger stacey said...

hey!

Yea, at first I didn't think I'd want to work too but I just couldn't stand doing nthg anymore, haha.

Now, I'm so bz I hardly have time to stare into space. :)

8:55 PM  
Blogger Mic. Tham said...

haha....so it's a good thing or bad one?...

btw hope u enjoy la =)

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home