Thursday, March 19, 2009

Sharing is caring

It just dawned upon me that I've been wasting my time in my second year of uni. I haven't been doing what I'm supposed to do (besides studying)! I sometimes pray for opportunites to come by but unfortunately they don't come often. And even when they do, I'm most of the time caught unprepared and often blurt out something not really pleasant to the other party.

I'm talking about sharing the Good News by the way. It's almost a whole year in Year 2 and I'm still mixing with my own group of friends! I was just thinking about it, about how selfish I am! I've wasted half the year (studying!) and not sharing the Gospel that (changed) or rather mould my life into what I am today. Without Him, I'm nothing. I once said that "it's harder to not be a Christian than to be one." That kinda attracted someone's attention and when I had the opportunity to explain my statement, I sort of ruined it. I wasn't prepared.. I said something I wasn't supposed to say. It just happened today.. And this morning, I read a chapter in the Bible about not stumbling our non-Christians friends. And it happened after that. How ironic.

Hence, I've made up my mind to make friends with the people from my class. There're a total of 140 students, I believe I can at least share the Good News with someone at this point of time. Yes, I've finally woken up..after being dazed and fazed by the 'finding the right uni and studying to reach that standard frenzy'.

I must do something, starting from tomorrow. Wish me all the best. And if you have been wasting your time (just studying!) like me, I suggest you follow suit. God will be more happy to see souls saved than you getting good results.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chronopredator said...

I am very encouraged to see you have the passion to share the Word of God. Keep the fire burning! Let His Word go forth! :D

I was reading ur post and I wanna share with you something :

Do not be discouraged.
For even when patients in hospital die everyday, we never see the hospital being closed down - but rather continue to operate to save other lives.

Hence, let us as Christians continue to trust in the Lord, continue to abound in prayer, hide under the shadow of His wings, meditate on His Word, and let His Holy Spirit fill us - because it is written :)

Mat 10:20 For it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.

Be encouraged stacey!
Jesus bless you :)

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Sher-Lynn said...

that explains the sudden increase in social life. jk jk. if i do think you'd need to mix around with more non-christians. since your circle of uni friends are currently christian ;)

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home