Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Stacey needs to update her blog

Hello everyone!





I did it again! I abandoned my blog for more than a month! Sigh... it's one of those moments again...





Anyways, just a quick one for the sake of posting something.





I have a second cousin who's four years old. She's so cute, she can do a cute pose for you to see. Here's prove for you.



Ta-daaaa!

I know she looks kinda 'lala' posing like that. I bet it must be the influence of the China people after staying there for two years. BUT... she's really not, ok. She's English, or so she claims. Her grandparents once asked her, "Xian (her name), are you Chinese?" She replies, "No, I'm English." See, I told you.

I used to play with her when she came to my house about two years ago before she moved to China with her parents. When I saw her again this time around, she kinda remembered me cos when her parents asked "Do you remember Stacey che che?" I remember the exact words she said. It was funny though it didn't make much sense. She simply said, "I remember her but I like her hair..." Lol. Cute.

One other thing, we had a reunion lunch on the 2nd day of CNY in BP and we sat in the same table. My other cousin who's married and has 2 kids came up to our table with her children and asked them to call my second cousin "Aunty". Our dear friend here of course was in utter shock and had a concern look on her face! I should have snapped a picture of her with that look and the argument that followed between the 2 of them. The conversation is as follows:

Cousin: Call "Aunty" (asking her kids to address her)

Xian (2nd Cousin): No! I'm not an aunty! I'M ONLY FOUR YEARS OLD!

Cousin: Yes! You are an aunty!

Xian: NO! I cannot be an aunty! I'M ONLY FOUR YEARS OLD!

Cousin: YES!

Xian: NO!

This went on for a good 3 minutes arguing about her being an aunty. After being tired of arguing realising my cousin is also a persistent person, she just stomped back to her seat with a huge glum on her face complaining "I'm not an aunty! I cannot be an aunty! I'm only four years old!"

We, those of us sitting at her table, cannot help laughing at the whole scene that took place. The louder she screamed "NO!", the louder we laughed. Even my cousin's kids, both aged 8 and 6, were giggling by their mother's side, thinking their mother must be playing a game with their younger-than-them aunty and enjoying the fun of watching the two argue as much as we did.

That was my second cousin being unable to accept the fact that she's now an aunty. At the age of four. HAHA. Come to think about it, I should have taken a video of the whole thing. What a waste. It would have been up on the "America's funniest home videos".

Well, I guess that's about it. That's my second cousin for you. :)


2 Comments:

Blogger Grace said...

"I remember her but I like her hair"

maybe she doesn't normally like the hair of people she remembers XD

4:34 PM  
Blogger stacey said...

Hahaha...! Funny how you can think that way...

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home