Friday, November 14, 2008

FYI (FOR HELPers WHO NEED HELP)

I wanted to post this on Facebook, but I'm afraid I'll get unpleasant replies. So, I decided to post it up here. Safer, I think (or hope).

Here goes:

Out of total randomness and lack of tolerance for not being helpful since I'm from HELP too, I would like to share my 2 cents worth.


I've observed after slightly more than a year at wisma HELP that A LOT of people (most of them) pressed the 'door open' button in the lift whenever there're people walking into the lift. Well, guess what folks? YOU DON'T HAVE TO ANYMORE. NO. YOU DON'T HAVE TO IN THE FIRST PLACE. BECAUSE THE LIFT HAS A SENSOR. IT CAN DETECT ANYTHING THAT IS VERY CLOSE TO THE LIFT. I'm talking about when you're in the lift, not when you want to get into the lift. Please don't get me wrong. You still have to press the 'up' and 'down' button to open the lift. LOL.

If you don't believe me, try putting your leg at the door of the lift when it's about to close. I'm sure it won't close on you :) BUT... REMEMBER. THE SENSOR CAN ONLY SENSE SOMETHING THAT IS VERY NEAR THE DOOR. SO IF YOU HAPPEN TO SEE SOMEONE RUSHING TO THE LIFT AND IS AT A DISTANCE, YOU MIGHT WANNA PRESS THE BUTTON.

However, I can't guarantee the same thing if the lift is not working. So, do it at your own risk. I apologise if I have offended anyone in particular with this note. (The title above wasn't intentional, it was on purpose).

Your helpful fellow HELPer,

Stacey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home