Monday, February 16, 2009

My Life-Changing Experience on Valentine's Day

This is truly something worth blogging about.

So, you must be wondering what I did on the 14th that was life-changing. Well, I went for an orientation retreat with the ex-form fives of 2009 and some of the leaders at Peacehaven.

That's not the life-changing experience that I'm talking about if you're wondering. Anyways, in the afternoon, we went up to the Genting Theme Park, a place I barely visited in my past 20 years of life. And guess what??

We sat (or flew? or maybe stood?) on the Flying Coaster!! Yea, I know some of you might have sat before and may not be a big deal for you as it is for me, but it really was for me. For those who know me, you know that I'm not the adventurous type and can be very 'fearful' of these terrifying adventures. Nevertheless, I braved myself (all 3 of us - Priscilla, Sharon and I) to take up one of the most difficult challenges in our lives.

While I was contemplating whether to go for it, Priscilla helped us make the decision to go by saying that "this will be a life-changing experience on Valentine's Day!' (hence the title of my post). I thought about it for awhile and with a reluctant and yet excited feeling, I said "OK." In my head, I thought, "What are the chances that I get to do such a crazy thing on Valentine's Day in Genting? We might as well just do it since we're already here!" Along the themepark, Priscilla and I were pointing to and thought of taking other kind of "roller-coasters" that looked pretty much safer and slower than the one that was anticipating us. The other girls didn't look much worried than the three of us. Rebecca certainly did not, as she had sat on it before and so did a few others. It was actually Rebecca who suggested this life-changing experience. Thanks to her I'm now braver than I thought I was.

After buying the tickets we kept glancing at the coaster track like it will make us feel any better. Just before starting the 'flying' experience, I forgot to unload my handphone and had to run back to pass it to an ex-form five cg member, who was too afraid to take up the challenge that she volunteered to take care of our things while we embark on the adventure. While running back, my feet had a cramp. Interesting, huh.

Then as the three of us were strapped (or rather caged) in our positions, we thought to ourselves, "This Is IT." Sharon prayed out loud on behalf of us and all three said a unanimous "AMEN" as we took off, slowly at first, climbing up the spiral track. That was nothing. We held tightly to the hand rail and were soon at the peak of the track. As we saw the descending track line, all of us thought the same thing, "I don't wanna do this! Why on earth are we here?! Can we go back down?" Yes, of course, by "flying"! And soon after, the adventure began. It happened so fast that I screamed the moment we went down the descending track. The two of them beside were soundless. It made me wonder while I was screaming, whether they had fainted or had already suffered a heart attack just by looking at it. I just "AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!" the whole time, from the peak till it slowed down.

When we came down, both Priscilla and Sharon were laughing and my face was pale as sheet (not shit) and I could feel my legs numb. When I asked the two why they were so quiet throughout, Sharon said she was laughing the whole time beginning when I started screaming. Priscilla, on the other hand, was too scared to utter anything, not even to let out a scream.

That was IT. My life-changing experience on Valentine's Day. On the way back from Genting, Rebecca asked if I would go again the next time, I said "No. Once is enough. Once in a lifetime."

Now, come to think of it, "Would there be a second time for me?"




1 Comments:

Blogger Grace said...

I'm so proud of you, girl! :D
I would have been so scared as well wei - Just reading your post gave me sweaty palms. LOL.

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home