Friday, November 07, 2008

Can you feel the pressure?

I'm stressed. Yes, it's the time of the year for the appearance of that word again. It comes yearly if you don't already know. I'm motivating myself everyday to study harder. Coming to think of it, I think the thought of going to a good university next year is already motivating me to study. I don't have to tell myself what to do. It's like planned out. Every morning I wake up and plan the purpose of my life. Every activity I plan to do is all in my head. What do you think about that? Sounds crazy, doesn't it? Yeah, you can call me crazy or nerd or kiasu or whatever word that is. I'm determined to be that word for as long as I'm confident I can get into a good university. I don't have much confidence but then again, never try never know. Study, study, study. That's all I can think of right now. I have come to some sort of a conclusion after sitting for exams for the past 13 years that I'm not much of a smart student. I would say, I'm above average but not up to the mark expected. Sadly, people have high expectations on me. I look like I study alot in front of them but coming to answering questions, I totally suck at it. Let's just say I like studying but not taking exams. My perception on taking exams changed after joining uni. I used to like sitting for exams when I was in school. Maybe because I didn't do too badly in them:) Now, it's the other way round. Everything has changed ever since I joined uni. Nothing comes easy anymore. Sigh. I miss high school. How I wish all exams were open-book exams. Wouldn't that be fun?

Now the pressure's on me. It's either I get it or I don't. What do you think? Can you help me?

1 Comments:

Blogger Chronopredator said...

hehe =) i share the same view as you do..

I love studying and learning but not taking exams..

I find that higher levels of examination is mostly about evaluating and giving constructive criticisms.

It doesn't really totally focus totally on what we have learn academically. As in what we hafal we reproduce it back in exams. I got sounded by a lecturer when I first sat for my first college exam.

it's no more the high school way where you can be dogmatic.

Another factor with i am really struggling with is the time factor.

As the amount of things that you learn increases in volume, the amount that you need to write in exams is also considerably lengthy.
And time is so restrictive.

But what to do, time is always the gist of the examination.

Open book test. =) Love it.

12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home