Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Death

I know the word isn't very pleasant to the ears and eyes. But, in fact, it is reality and it is part and parcel of life. In the book When God doesn't make sense from James Dobson, he explained the ironies of life. Like how people are so successful at such young age and dies all of a sudden. Unbelievably true. Whether you like it or not, we hear these stories everyday.

This morning I just received word from a text message by my father who told me that a friend's father had passed away. Just last Tuesday, another friend's father had gone thru' the same fate. 2 deaths in a week... Surprisingly true.

Life is so fragile that you never know when your time is up on earth. Of course we have to be prepared in all circumstances in case God wants to take you. In all these circumstances, the people who suffer and carries the burden of these losses are their loved ones.

I, for one, am not very good at handling these situations. It is always hard for me to comprehend such things. And sometimes, I would have problems sleeping at night, thinking and worrying about
matters of life and death. My heart would be thumping so hard, I feel as if I was gonna die. However, these days I have come to a realisation that our lives, my life, is in God's hands and as long as I live my life according to His purpose and will, I am safe.

Thus, all I can say is that death is a serious thing. And you never know when the day will come but we as Christians, fortunately, at least have an idea of the road we're supposed to head. All in all, our lives are in God's hands.

To know more, I think I shall have to finish reading When God doesn't make sense. You should to. :)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home