Saturday, June 30, 2007

A Tribute (1924-2007)

On Friday morning, 29 June 2007, our founder and chairman Elder of FGA, DR KOH ENG KIAT went Home to be with the Lord.

I never knew much about him as a person until yesterday as I sat through the memorial service. All the testimonies I had heard brought me to tears just as I listened. He was a kind, humble, gentle and was always concerned about the church. Indeed, he was a great man with a big heart for God and a faithful servant of His. Many were overwhelmed by the testimonies and during the recital of hymns.

Nevertheless, he left us a legacy in which not many could follow; for us to cherish and remember.

My Legacy

What will be the measure of my days, weeks, and years passed?
How will my life be valued?
What will matter is not what I bought,
but what I have chosen to build.
Not what I received,
but what I have shared and given you.
What will matter is not what I learned,
but what I have taught.
What will matter is every act of integrity, compassion,
courage and sacrifice that enriched, empowered or
encouraged others to emulate from my example.
What will matter is not my competence,
but my integrity and character; my true grit.
What will matter is not how many people I have known, rich or poor,
But how many will feel a lasting loss when I am gone.
What will matter are not my faded memories,
But the memories of those who knew and have loved me.


Even when I walk through the dark valley of death, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me.
Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.


Psalm 23:4


May the Lord our God bless his soul.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home