Thursday, May 24, 2007

Something to ponder on

I just read a devotional passage from this book called "Beauty is Soul Deep" and I felt that this passage is very relevant to every christian girl. Here's what it says:

"Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised"

Proverbs 31:30

Constantly I hear about another girl at my school or church who is struggling with an eating disorder. Even if she hasn't taken it to an extreme level, it's still a major concern.

We all desire to have confidence in ourselves. But many girls believe they can only have confidence in themselves with a thin physique, which is how an eating disorder can start.
(I definitely don't have that problem as you can see)

I wish girls would understand how God views them and would place their confidence in Him.
Then girls might not struggle with eating disorders and so many other heartbreaking things. I'm convinced that the best cure would be placing all of our happiness and joy in Christ instead of in ourselves.

A verse that I came across recently was Proverbs 31:30
(as shown above). God continues to teach me that fearing Him is essential. It's the key to true beauty!

Having the right attitude of reverent fear toward God is the only way I'l receive His best for me in life. He is most glorified when I'm most satisfied in Him.


Though I may not be the person she'd mentioned on having eating disorders, I have to admit that sometimes I do put physical beauty of more importance than inner beauty. Thus, after reading this passage, I'm convinced to enhance and prioritize my inner beauty instead of physical.

And I hope you girls out there can grasp this understanding with me.

Just a lil' quote which may be familiar to some of you.

"Beauty ain't in the eyes of the beholder, but in the eyes of the Creator"




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home