Tuesday, May 08, 2007

More than I could say...

Sigh..so lazy to blog these days...nothing really interesting happened until...today...(read on)
(Sorry, the first post is R-rated, so please by all means make sure you're 18 and above.)
-----------------------------------
During lunch, 3 staffs from GSC (Golden Screen Cinemas) sat around in a table at Kopi Time Cafe in Atria shopping mall. This was one of their conversations...

Staff 1&2 : Bla bla bla bla..(speaking in Mandarin)
Stacey : Actually, I'm learning Mandarin now (out of the blue)
Staff 1 : Oh, you're learning Mandarin now?
Stacey : Yea...
Staff 1 : So you know how to speak mandarin?
Stacey : I know a bit la... Before learning, I knew how to listen already. Just that my
speaking is not so good.
Staff 2 : So you know what we're talking about la?
Stacey : Err..a bit la.
Staff 2 : You know what is "ML"?
Stacey : Huh? *puts on a blur look*
Staff 2 : You donno ar?
Stacey : *shakes head*
Staff 2 : Man Love
Stacey : *puts on a blurrer look*
What's in mandarin?
Staff 2 : Chuo ai
Stacey : *lol* Ohhhh...

---------------------------------------

I've been thinking during lunch today of when to leave something meaningful for my colleagues before I leave the company. Just then, the opportunity came...
Due to an excess of time after lunch, they'd decided to do some "window shopping". Just as we were walking, we passed by Glad Sounds' stall at the ground floor. I then decided to walk towards it and check some of their stuff with an intention to know my colleagues' reaction seeing me standing at the stall.

Just as they're about to walk away, they noticed me walking out from Glad Sounds and my colleague started asking if I'm a Christian. I said yes and little did I knew that my other colleague is also Christian who hasn't been going to church for quite sometime. So, the conversation prolonged until we arrived at our office. We talked about Christianity along the way as we walked. I have to admit I must've said more than a thousand words today... :)

I couldn't help smiling to myself as we talked and walked. Finally, I thought to myself, I did and started something, something really purposeful before I leave this company.

And I'm happy that a seed has been planted in my office. Not only that, I'm even happier to know that my other colleague who is a very good friend of hers is a Christian and definitely hope she'll continue the work which has been started.

Jesus, You just made my day!

Praise The Lord!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home