Friday, March 14, 2008

A moment of ungrace

Just a few moments ago, I felt a moment of ungrace as I sat near the piano eating by myself.
I was angry at people. I won't deny that I even thought about the word 'hate'. I 'hated' people who have somehow or rather hurt me. I felt that I've been 'betrayed' by these people.

I felt as if all these while whatever I've been doing have all gone to waste. Useless. Meaningless. Self inflicted. When I mean all these while, I meant years. Years of persuasion, encouragement, pushing, enforcing... meaningless to these people. After all the hardwork I put in, the time I spent, the things I spent on... wasted. Nobody appreciated it. Worst, they turn a deaf ear. They won't listen, they won't budge, they don't care.

A moment of ungrace. How ironic that I just finished reading a book on grace and this opposite feeling just crept into my soul and spoke unpleasant words to me just awhile ago. My first test of grace. Even a child wouldn't want to come and talk to me. For that moment, I felt so alone, so by myself, and all I could turn to was my unread blog. I could throw all my feelings of 'hatred' in this blog
and nobody would dare say. Years and years of encouragement, all end up ignored.

I constantly cry out, "God, I need grace desperately although I don't feel like it. So many times, God, I feel like giving up... giving up my duty, my responsibility, giving up telling them, encouraging them... and it is as if I'm forcing them. It's tiring, saddening, frustrating and depressing to remind them each time.

What else, God, can I do to make them listen to me? Because of this, I've had made sacrifices on other things which are equally as important. Due to obedience, I did it. Due to the fact that I didn't want to give up on them, I did it. Because of You, God, I did it. Because of what I believe You can do, I did it. For their sake, I did it."

Each day, I've been taught to look at the world through 'grace-tinted lenses'. Not easy, but that is what God wants. That is and was how Jesus looked at the world when He was on earth.

Although I know they won't listen, I know that my effort won't go to waste. God has a purpose for me. I know He has. I know there is still hope for some of them. One day, they will know that it is for their own good. I know they will. I would be more than happy even if only one of them came back. I would.

Like my lecturer once said, "We cannot save everybody. We can only save those who save themselves."

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey.. you're not alone in this walk with God. Always remember Jesus and how he suffered for our sake.

Sometimes we think we are pitiful enough, but actually Jesus demonstrated the worst case scenario. Jesus showed us how by walking with Jesus, we have to go through sufferings as no servant is greater than his master, no?

Don't ever feel you're alone, cause you are not. I'm going through the same motion.

BTW I don't agree with your lecturer.

We cannot save everybody. GOD CAN.

-10 points if you can guess who I am. (TIP:I'm in your msn list) haha

9:51 PM  
Blogger stacey said...

Dear anonymous,

Thanks for your comment. Btw, I have more than 100 msn contacts on my list. Slightly less than half are Christians. I'm guessing you're one who reads my blog. It would really benefit me if you could give more apparent tips. :)

And yes, I do agree with you saying that only God can save everybody.

I really appreciate your visitation to my blog as you can see, it's quite sad... haha.

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww, you're not even trying.. hahahaha.. guess againn :))

11:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

stacey tang jye-ing.

yeah it's hard huh being a leader, especially in church environment where we have to be 'nice' and 'kind' and yes, graceful.

oh well, leaders can only do so much, say so much, ultimately it's up to these people themselves to want to buck up, to have that desire to grow in the Lord and all that. so.

continue to press on la! i'm sure they'll come through, and somewhere down the road, they'll thank God for you :)

i'm anonymous no. 2 and i'm on your contact list too! HAHA.

1:33 PM  
Blogger stacey said...

Omg... this is making me suspicious. Another anonymous.
Knows my full name somemore...this is dangerous... lol.

I have a feeling, second anonymous that you're from my church. And I have a feeling you're someone I've been corresponding all these while thru' emails. Is it correct? I don't want to mention your name here. Haha.

Btw, its jye ing without the hyphen. :p

6:38 PM  
Blogger stacey said...

Lol.... sorry I have mistaken you for the wrong person anonymous no.2. Haha!

Tell me la, who both of you are... I'm getting impatient here... haha.

Thanks for all your comments though!

8:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wahaha copy cat la the second anonymous.

Stacey how's your mom? Hahahahaa

If you know me pls msn me

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops. jye ing.

i'm not from your church la. :)

<3 from anonymous no.2

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home