Thursday, March 13, 2008

What grace has taught me

1. If you ask, how does a grace-full (full of grace) Christian look? The answer is a grace-full Christian is one who looks at the world through "grace-tinted lenses".

2. One lecturer in spirituality once said, "God in heaven holds each person by a string. When you sin, you cut the string. Then God ties it up again, making a knot - and thereby bringing you a little closer to him. Again and again your sins cut the string - and with each further knot God keeps grawing you closer and closer."

3. Hate the sin, not the sinner. But you ask, how could you hate what a man did and not hate the man? It occurred to me that there was one person I had been doing this all my life - namely myself. However much I dislike my own character or greed or selfishness, I went on loving myself. There had been the slightest difficulty about it. In fact the very reason why I hated the things was that I loved the person. Just because I loved myself, I was sorry to find that I was the sort of man who did those things.

4.The world thirsts for grace. When grace descends, the world falls silent before it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home