Sunday, March 09, 2008

Dreaming for a public holiday on Monday

For some, today is a day of mourning and sadness, but to others it is a day of rejoicing and victory.
I must tell you, I've never been so semangat-ed (hyped up) during elections period in the past 20 years of my life and I must admit, this year is one of the most anticipating and most 'kan-cheong' moments of my life.

For your information, I'm still recovering from the post-election results which have been circulating around thru' sms, news and the internet for the past 8 hours. Last night's ordain was like watching the World Cup football match finale where most people have their eyes glued on the tv or handphones in hand waiting for unofficial and official results directly from the counting centres. I would then wait in anticipation as results keep flooding in and would just shout with excitement upon hearing the opposition parties wining seats against the BN candidates. It is as if my favourite team in football has scored a goal each time an opposition party wins. To me, it was that kind of feeling.

Four years ago I remembered staying up late in the night with my family and our eyes glued on the tv screen, waiting in anticipation for BN to win. In fact, I wasn't anticipating for the results. I was more interested in the outcome of the result, whether the Monday after election would be declared as a public holiday. In the end, it was and it was due to the landslide winning of BN.

This time, I put my hopes on the same outcome of the result but not on the same results. Well, it would be quite impossible to demand for a public holiday from BN after their plight in the elections, wouldn't it?

All in all, the most important thing is that the government should take the results of the elections as a wake-up call and not sleep on it. It is time for a change. It is our turn to have a say!

Now, who cares whether Monday is a holiday?

I still do....lol... I want it so badly....!! :p



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home